Thursday, December 18, 2008

Roles we play...

If we sit back and really observe human interaction...,our own interactions..we'll realize how much of it is fabricated, staged and acted out!.....How many of our daily interactions with others are REALLY real ??? And why not ??

All human interactions seems to be an exchange of opinions, ideals and agreements between role playing actors...the human.
We all seem to have a group of roles to play ,depending on our surroundings...or better yet;.. depending on WHO is surrounding us!...

We ALL play roles!...Me the customer, She the doctor..You the cop!...We play the roles we assign to ourselves....
Instead of living up to ourselves we found that living up to our roles is more beneficial...or actually ...it's been so automatic that this behavior pattern is adopted by default!

Let me clarify somewhat:

We have a different personality with our friends as with our bosses, as with our kids , as with our parents as with the maid as with the busboy ...as with our idols..as with the homeless man......and the list of roles goes on....we MUST be aware of ALL those personalities otherwise we wouldn't be able to switch to the corresponding personality when needed...But yet we think we have ONE personality......

It must be the one that GOVERNS when and how to switch into the sub-personalities...

Looks more like a self induced form of conscious schizophrenia to me...

So...which one of the personalities are you really?...

Do you see our internal dilemma?





5 comments:

lioness said...

So what do we do in a world full of characters playing all these roles? Where do we fit in the script of life? All I know is to be me, but yet that's what everyone thinks they are doing... being "Unique"...different...but it all falls back on what society says is the right way to "be"...???

feed me more doc...

Sheeba said...

Yes, we all do play roles and that is essential for us to identify ourselves. It is the purpose behind the roles that we play that matters. If one is not happy with the role and feels pressurized by the society or envorinment, then the purpose ceases to exist.

I enjoy the roles I play in life and that does not mean that I have been blessed with the best roles life has to offer. Neither do I feel that society breathes down my neck when I decline the tags that come with these roles.

It is the energy that comes from within each person that defines the essence of each role. I believe that when one taps into this source, the truth unfolds itself.

Do drop by at my blog: www.universaltruthoflife.com

I am sure we will connect on this realm.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Francois said...

Thank you responding Sheeba..
I completely understand your point..but with "roles" I didn't insinuate that one shouldn’t play the role of, for example a mother or doctor or teacher to the best of their abilities. I’m merely stating that identification with these roles we've had society assign to us or WOULD LIKE society to assign to us, has become the way we seek out our purpose or meaning in life.
The truth definitely unfolds itself when one taps into The Source but with the ego(identification with roles) in the way..tapping in becomes unnecessarily harder.

Francois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.